Come Learn About fire & Life safety!
Join us for our first series of online fire safety messaging, videos, tutorials, and events.
We are excited to launch our first fire & life safety educational series that incorporates a broad range of information for all ages. From early learning fire safety to driver safety for teens, you will find something for every child. In partnership with Impact Teen Drivers, King County 9-1-1, Safe Kids Worldwide, and TriMed Ambulance; we are offering active events, games, tutorials, and videos that reinforce many important safety messages.
Click the links below to learn more
* Emery Meets Sparky at King County Fire District #2 - Fire Station #28: https://youtu.be/7BDQek-o8xU
* Emery & Sparky Learn CPR: https://youtu.be/9TFpcSBjbhI
* Walking Safely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nERko-B8sgM
* Video Series for families with children with special needs: https://www.safekids.org/video/video-series-families-children-special-needs
* Safety for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: https://www.nfpa.org/fpw
* Create a Fire Escape Plan: https://www.nfpa.org//-/media/Files/FPW/Educate/2020/FPW20Grid.pdf
Virtual Kids Event - Check it out!
We are excited to introduce our virtual kids event, which allows us to share important safety messaging and information with kiddos the month of November. Watch a few videos, complete a word search or dot to dot, and answer some questions for your chance to win toys and prizes. Winners will be drawn at the end of November and we will contact you to collect your goodies. Please complete the contact form and thank you for participating!
Safety Treasure Hunt Forms For Ages 4-7 years old - Please submit your completed word search AND/OR Connect the Dots for your chance to win a prize. Drawings will be the last week in November.
Safety Treasure Hunt Forms For Ages 8-12 years old - Please submit your Home Escape Plan AND Watch the two Emery videos above and answer the questions below in the comments section of the contact form for your chance to win a prize. Drawings will be the last week in November.
* What are some of the tools that firefighters use?
* What kind of truck do we take people to the hospital in?
* What is the safest burner to use when cooking?
* What is the name of the place where firefighters train?
* What are the two steps to help save a life?
Emery Meets Sparky at King County Fire District #2 - Fire Station #28: https://youtu.be/7BDQek-o8xU
Emery & Sparky Learn CPR: https://youtu.be/9TFpcSBjbhI
Safety Treasure Hunt Form For Ages 13-18 years old - Please submit your completed answers after watching the videos below and answer each question for the videos in the comments section of the contact form. All 4 must be answered to be entered into the drawing for a gift card. Drawings will be the last week in November.
Distractions Hurt: Baseball
What are the four tips for a safer ride from this video?
There were multiple factors in the crash that took Itzy’s life. Itzy and the other passenger who died had one factor that was different, compared with the other passengers. What was different?
Natalia’s Story PSA
How much does a teen driver’s risk of being killed in a car crash increase when carrying three or more passengers?
Sebastian’s Story PSA
What form of reckless and distracted driving did Sebastian choose to engage in?
Domino Effect – Create Real Impact Video Winner Spring 2021
About how many teens die each year in preventable car crashes?
Create Real Impact Contest, open now: We have an exciting school social media campaign category, where students working with a teacher or advisor create and run a brief social media campaign for the chance to win up to $10,000. Individual students, ages 14-22, can enter in the graphic design, music, video, or writing categories. For More Information, Please Go to:
Fire & Life Safety